Thursday, December 10, 2009

Experiment # 2

This experiment was one with rhyme. Internal versus end rhyme. I know how people today tend to dislike rhyme, mainly due to nursery rhyme and sing-song schemes which make reading poetry annoying.  So I challenged myself to see what I could do, and I thought I didn’t make it to childish.

 

And so now we are here:
I no longer me,
you no longer thee,
two combined to we

And yet . . .

I am still me, still she
you are still thee, still he.
Nothing has changed.

Everything has changed

We – two individuals.
We – two halves of the same whole.
This is where you and I end
because this is where “we” begin.

Codependency is fine
as long as I am still me, still she;
as long as you are still thee, still he.
As long as we don’t lose ourselves
in this amalgamation.

I (she) can live without you
I (we) does not want to.

This is the same for you (he), you (we).
That is you. That is me. This is we.

1 comment:

  1. i wrote a poem the other day... but apparently i can't copy and paste here, and i'm WAY too lazy to retype it... so NEVER MIND THEN. pfft.

    ReplyDelete