Monday, August 17, 2009

Adobo Failure

So I was making a traditional Filipino dish called adobo. Basically, it is pork and chicken in a sauce. Well, I figured that if I followed the recipe it would work out fine. So not true. The recipe actually didn't work out at all. Apparently when it calls for 1 cup of vinegar, you should put in like an eighth of what it wants. It was vinegary as all hell. *shiver*

However, the Pansit turned out just fine. Although, it is a hella lot harder to screw up noodles, veggies and chicken. Hopefully when I try out the barbecue sauce recipe, it will actually work out. Hard to believe that these people writing out these recipes could actually make such an egregious error.

1 comment:

  1. my mom got me "skinny bitch in the kitch" the other day, which is awesome because it's darn funny, but weird because it's vegan, and generally pointless because i can't cook.

    anyhoo, i don't recognize most of the ingredients listed, 'cause apparently vegans eat even weirder things than i do, and most of the things i eat cause ordinary people to go into dry-heaves.

    but, mostly, i can't cook.

    still funny as all get out, though.

    ReplyDelete